Best Gold IRA Companies for 2022
- Experts recommend establishing your account ASAP before potential law changes that could effect retirement accounts.
- Click “Request Free Guide“ to get a free gold investing kit which explains the process and benefits of precious metals investing.
Our #1 Pick
Consumers Voted #1
How To Find The Best Gold IRA Company
In today’s difficult economic environment, investors must do everything in their power to protect their nest egg. This means adding greater levels of alternative investments to their portfolio. It’s called portfolio diversity and it’s the best way to protect your bottom line against economic upheaval, a falling stock market, and geopolitical crises happening around the globe.
The smartest way to purchase alternative assets is through a gold IRA. But you can’t choose the first gold company to come along. This could lead to making a bad choice when opening your precious metals IRA.
Instead, I’d like to share my favorite ways to find the best gold IRA company. Using these strategic factors makes it easy to find the best companies working in the precious metals IRA space.
Tip #1: Evaluate Gold IRA Companies Performances on Online Peer-Reviewed Websites
This is one of my personal favorite tips because he gets right to the heart of the matter. Websites like consumer affairs, the Better Business Bureau, Business Consumer Alliance, and Trustpilot are already monitoring these companies.
On their websites, they share valuable information that you can use to determine whether or not a company is worth doing business with. Some things to consider include:
· Grade – the Better Business Bureau grades each company on an A+ through F scale. The Business Consumer Alliance uses a similar scale but they work off of a AAA rating system. Pay close attention to the rating that each peer reviewed website gives each company. If a company scores highly, they are likely worth investigating further. If they have a negative score, it’s likely best to move on to other options.
· Star Rating – besides the letter grade awarded by each website, they also allow their customers to give each company a star rating. The star rating is a 1-5 rating system, with 5 being the best and 1 being the worst. This is a great rating scale because it tells you how previous customers feel about a particular gold IRA company. You’re getting this information directly from people who have done business with them in the past.
· Customer Reviews – the best online peer-reviewed websites also allow former customers to leave reviews on their website. These reviews tend to share valuable information about past customer experiences. Customers will let you know if the gold IRA company is fast, accurate, overly salesy, pushy, diligent, educational, and a plethora of other information. They’ll tell you about their experience and let you know if it was pleasant or terrible or anything in between.
· Customer Complaints – the top online peer-reviewed websites also allow customers to leave complaints about a particular company when the customer is feeling ignored or disgruntled. They can type up a written record of their experience and tell anyone who wants to read it about the negative situation that they went through. In many cases, the gold IRA company will respond and even work with the customer to resolve the complaint in as amicable a way as possible.
Clearly, it’s incredibly beneficial to use online peer-reviewed websites to gather information about potential gold IRA companies to work with.
Tip #2: Great Promotions and Affordable IRA Fees
One of the most important things to pay attention to are the various fees associated with working with a particular gold IRA company. You may not realize this now, but there are certain one-time and yearly fees that need to be paid to maintain your IRA account status.
As an example, fees typically paid to precious metals IRA companies include:
· Account setup fees – not every company has one
· Depository/storage fees – some charge on a sliding-scale, others have a flat yearly fee
· Account maintenance fees – some companies charge them and other companies do not
· Promotions and free gifts – some companies give away up to $10,000 in free gold and silver, depending on the level of investment made
· Administration fee – every IRA custodian charges and administration fee, but some are more expensive than others
Right now, one exciting promotion offered by Goldco is qualifying customers will receive $10,000 in free silver. Birch Gold has a similar promotion, but in their case qualifying customers receive $10,000 worth of free gold or silver.
A company like Regal Assets is willing to work with customers with a low minimum investment of only $10,000. Yet they charge a yearly administration fee of $100 per year and a yearly segregated storage fee of $150 per year. On the other hand, Birch Gold also has a minimum investment of $10,000, but Goldco requires their customers to invest a minimum of $25,000.
As you can see, there are many things to consider as far as IRA fees and promotions are concerned. It’s smart to look closely at each website and check out their fee structure, current promotions, ongoing fees, and other considerations to determine which gold IRA company best meets your needs.
Tip #3: Find a Gold IRA Company with Great Customer Support and an Excellent Sales Staff
No one wants to feel unwanted or ignored. A great customer support team will make you feel welcome, cared for, and heard. They will answer your questions diligently and thoroughly and they will let you know that you actually matter to them.
A good sales team also possesses similar qualities. Except in this case, they aren’t going to be pushy or overwhelming. They aren’t going to attempt to convince you to buy products that you don’t want or need.
How do you find out if a company possesses great customer service and a phenomenal sales staff? You read about them online on online peer-reviewed websites and other review sites. Customers regularly praise companies with top-notch customer support and sales, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to find this information.
At the end of the day, it shouldn’t be difficult to find the best gold IRA company. Use the recommendations mentioned above and you’ll have no trouble pulling the wheat from the chaff. To recap, my recommendations include:
· Using online peer-reviewed websites to learn about gold IRA companies
· Choosing companies that have excellent promotions and affordable IRA fees
· Picking companies with excellent customer service and sales teams
If you can hone in on these three areas, you’ll have zero trouble finding the best gold IRA company to meet your needs.